Young People’s Ministries was created to connect young people and those in ministries with young people to each other, to the church, and to God.
The purpose of Young People’s Ministries is to empower young people as world-changing disciples of Jesus Christ, to nurture faith development, and to equip young leaders by:
- developing youth/young adult spiritual leaders of local congregations to transform lives by making disciples of Jesus Christ;
- challenging The United Methodist Church to embrace, confirm, and celebrate God’s call on the lives of young people;
- cultivating and nurturing life-giving ministries where influence and worth are not limited by age or experience;
- advocating for the issues and concerns of young people in the church and the global community;
- empowering young people to work as agents of peace, justice, and mercy; and
- building a network of support and providing resources that connect the diverse experiences of youth and young adults in local ministries and communities across the globe.